When you look around at the state of the world today, you might see disarray, confusion, and fear. One of the major reasons it seems so imbalanced is because its people are greatly imbalanced — but you can find stability again. Many people often lose touch with themselves, the Earth, and others simply because they don’t spend enough time developing positive spirituality. This can wreak havoc on the mind and body if neglected for too long.
If you have been wondering how to find simple, yet effective ways to incorporate spirituality into your daily life and create more balance within yourself, these tips can help you get on the right track.
10 SIMPLE WAYS TO ADD SPIRITUALITY TO YOUR DAILY LIFE:
1. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BREATHINGOne of the easiest ways to connect with the Higher Source is through our breath. If your breath is staggered, sharp, and nervous, you will likely feel this way on the inside. Also, your brain can dictate your pace of breathing depending on what you’re thinking. For example, if you have a million things on your mind and you flit from one thought to another, your breathing will probably reflect your mental state. Slow down your thoughts, slow down your breath, and relax. Easier said than done, but you will notice your breathing regulate over time if you put awareness into every breath you take.
2. STAY IN THE PRESENT“If you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” Lao Tzu
Don’t let your mind wander too far into the past or the future, because one has passed and the other hasn’t arrived yet. You can only control your thoughts in this very moment, so stay present and enjoy life while you can.
Meditation builds on tip #2, as it forces you to stop whatever you’re doing and become aware of your thoughts, your body, and your breath. Right now! If you don’t practice meditation already, the next tip might help you get started with regular practice. This will seem hard at first. That’s because our minds and bodies are so used to rushing around from one place and one thought to another without much rest at all. Meditation will allow you to relax into a deep, peaceful state and guide you to developing a closer bond with the universe. This ancient practice is at the heart of spirituality. and will help you transcend the 3D world into a limitless, loving, and open one.
4. WALK OUTSIDE… BAREFOOTKnown as “grounding” or “earthing,” going outside barefoot and sinking your feet into the grass directly connects you with the Earth. It will help you balance your root chakra, which governs the connection with your physical body. Running or walking outside barefoot allows Earth’s energy to move through you, which can help you feel more secure and balanced.
5. DRINK A LOT OF WATERWater has many benefits, including flushing out toxins, keeping you hydrated, helping with brain functions, and giving you energy. Dehydration can lead to many problems, such as confusion, dizziness, and even heart palpitations. Water keeps your body functioning properly. Of course, a healthy body plays a big role in the evolution of consciousness and spirituality.
drink water - Spirituality
6. TAKE YOUR EXERCISE OUTDOORS WHEN POSSIBLEThere’s something incredible feeling about exercising outdoors. It doesn’t matter if you prefer to practice Yoga, jog through the park, or walk the dog. Just get outside and make it happen!
Some studies prove that outdoor exercise often offers better benefits than indoor activities. But, that’s only the tip of the iceberg!
best exercise for Spirituality
Being outside makes you feel at one with Earth. The chirping of the birds as you stretch or feel of a cool breeze as you workout makes outdoor exercise as transcendental experience for many.
7. HELP OTHERSVolunteering or simply performing acts of kindness will deepen your compassion and help you grow as a spiritual being. By offering a helping hand to others, you will consequently help yourself. Giving is receiving, and every time you extend your help to people, they will be much more likely to help you when you need it.
8. LISTEN TO CONSCIOUS MUSICPay attention to what you listen to. Why? Because the frequency of the music will influence either an increase or decrease your spirituality. In general, the music on the radio that talks about promiscuous hookups, parties, and excessive materialism resonates at a lower frequency, and doesn’t send out a loving, peaceful message.
listen to music
Listen closely to the lyrics in your playlist, and make a special one that only involves positive uplifting verse. You’ll be surprised at how much better you feel, and what types of experiences you encounter.
9. GIVE LOVE TO YOURSELF AND OTHERSOne of the simplest and most rewarding ways to feel more spiritual is to offer yourself and others love any chance you get. Compliment others, give hugs to strangers, love yourself no matter what, and remember that you are to be the change. Love will change this world because it changes you and helps you spread that change outwardly.
self love - add Spirituality
10. VISIT A SPECIAL SPOT IN NATURE
You might have found a sacred garden or a cove at the beach that really resonates with your soul. Visit this place as much as possible to help you connect with your true nature. Not only will it connect you with yourself. But you’ll also connect with the healing energy from the Earth as well.