Magento is an open source ecommerce software that uses the Zend Framework. It is very effective in delivering a shopping cart development solution. There are many ways to build an ecommerce website. For example it is possible to do so using a framework of your own like CodeIgniter or Cakephp. There are also several other open source softwares available like Zen Cart and osCommerce which have been around for a lot longer than Magento. However highlights about Magento are as below:
Features of Magento :
- It gives complete flexible functionality over look, online store and content.
- Magento gives extensible incorporation on backend systems like ERP and CRM. You can use effective plugin like to make simple check out process use One-Step-Check-out.
- You can set multiple images per product with zoom in facility.
- It supports for multiple currencies (country specific, if you have international market).
- Magento includes product comparison, reviews on products and filter products as per custom search.
- As far as shipping term concern, it gives you free shipping option with shipping on various addresses in one order.
- It gives multiple payment options with configuration authority and fund capturing facility.
- Last but not the least, as per Google rules, you can include meta information per product and categories. Moreover, you can rewrite the url.
Remarkable benefits of Magento :
- You have no need to check your stock manually, we will set it on automatic mode. So it will show up to date stock information.
- Real time functionality like reordering process and stock control.
- Automatically maintain and hold all customer details.
- Effective, professional, economical and extensible.
- All the reports are maintained accurately and up to the time
- Admin take less time to check all the details and no need for large staff to handle orders and it is possible through the independent system.